 Castle / 12310 (+10)
  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

a great first chapter and new site! amazingly well done! I really enjoyed your style of writing, and the ratio of words-to-pictures. i eagerly await more! -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2002

(...) Hey, and that looks like a gray Bat Helm. (URL) the most exciting castle piece, for sure, but whaddya do? (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002)

  Re: The Illustrated First Chapter and a Brand Spankin' new Site!

(...) Thanx alot Lenny! I put alot of work into it, so I'm glad you liked it! Plenty more is on the way! -Jay (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  medieval village book?

I've spent the better part of my evening trying to find a book with good pictures of houses from the medieval period. I'd like primarily pre-Tudor style (cerca 1000, rather than cerca 1500), and also an emphasis on peasant and burgher houses rather (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Not long now...

My friends, I know it's been awhile... Due to extenuating circumstances, the guest author for the Chonicles of Ikros' chapter 24 is unable to do his part, and I was forced to choose another. However, we are now on track and expect an update within a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

Hi Lenny, Just the other day I was noticing the same thing: That most Lego MOC Castle Villages focus on the Tudor style, as does the Guarden Inn. If I recall correctly, such a style was not popular until late in the middle ages, and even then not (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  mini-figs

I thought I would add my muster to the others. I currently have: CASTLE: King Leo 80 Dragons 79 'plate' 77 Crossed Axes 72 Lions (old style) 62 Bats 56 Falcons 46 'scale' 41 Forestmen 34 Bulls 30 Wolfs & Peasants 26 TOTAL: 603 NINJA: Blue Samurai (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval village book?

(...) I think you're right, the Tudor period itself was actually the period immediately after the middle ages (in England). I generally find myself building in a late medieval style anyway (as I think most of us do whether by chance or design), the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval villages

Wattle & Daub architechure is older than one might think, some believe back as far as the 1100s. The process merely consists of mud being placed around a wooden skeleton/frame. The roof was made of thatch/grass/twigs. Not really that advanced. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle wars: teach us, quick!

Hi there! The subject line pretty much says it all: we, the portuguese luggies, will have our first gathering in mid-March; there will be some castles and "castle-heads" among us, so we thought it might be interesting to set up a small "war". The (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact