 Castle / 11366
Re: is lego at its best in years???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:26:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I remember going down the aisle of a toy section, most notably Toys R Us,
for example, and having very much difficulty buying a Lego set with my
"pocket" change.  Even the "little sets" had appeal.

Now if you want any good Lego set, you have to order it from Shop @ home.
That's the fact of life at the moment.
Look at the bright side, I don't have to waste my time going to a store, I
can spend a bit of time writing out an order, and sending it in...

...and paying shipping costs, and having you taxes raised by the conversion
rate (if you live in Canada), and never finding any really good sales, and
waiting a week for your new set.....

Town- nothing, unless you find old City Centre.  Which isn't Town at its • best.

Actually, you mean town at its worst... :)

I think 2000 City Centre, which is what you would find, is less juniorized than
the Town Jr. of 1997-1999.  I just bought two of those police monster truck
things, and they aren't really juniorized at all.

And now that I think of it, Race is still around too.  And Soccer essentially
is Town.  Town is okay.

Look at the bright side, (myself as a townie), there is the gas n wash
express which was approximately the same MSRP as when it first came out, with
almost the exact same pieces....may have a slight varience of mouldings, and
the box is probably substandard..., but the that is clearly "Town".

Yeah, I forgot about that one.  I wish I could afford it.

Who knows what the rest of the year holds....we might see further "classic"
re-releases, "legend" re-releases, or "my own creation" releases....
that should be good....maybe a diner or two, a market place....
these should be good,

But almost certainly, these sets will be S@H exclusive.

or else, a few more castle sets on the market, which might end up in stores,
if Brad had his way!!!

Great!  Do you know anything more about these?

Space- nothing, unless Life on Mars is space.

Life on Mars is an off-shoot from Space Port, which is a subtheme of town.
To say LOM is an off-shoot of town is heretical....since it encompasses the
elements of town (the doctor, and the 2 adventurous space crew), plus some
"alien artifacts"  (the martians), and their mecha.....which caters to the
mecha fans of Lego, with a small, very slight dose of Space - LOM space
vehicles with exception to the Solar Explorer which is more closely related
to Town than Space...

It may be related to modern life, but the setting of LOM is definately not a
TOWN.