 Castle / 1119
Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:48:44 GMT

Yeah, there seem to be other discrepancies, too.  At my local Sears, the
only place so far to stock most of the 2000 Lego, I found this odd
comparison:

7124 Flash Speeder: 105 pcs, $19.99 CAD
7115 Gungan Patrol: 77 pcs, $29.99 CAD

Yikes, no wonder every single Gungan Patrol is still on the shelf, while
most of the cooler sets have completely sold out (in only two days).  The
Gungan Patrol looks even smaller on the shelf than the piece count suggests.
There's no way I'm buying it for that price -- it's barely worth $15, and I
don't think any parent will buy it for more than that.

--

Paul Davidson

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
There's a stunning discrepancy I've noted, and I'm sure I'm not the only • one,
but yoiks, it's a doozy.

6094 Guarded Treasure: 101 pcs, $19.99 (CAD)
6095 Royal Joust: 99 pcs, $29.99 (CAD)

Am I the only one here who finds this out to lunch?  I've got 1 of each, • and
while I'm getting a whole bunch more of 6094 (It's the best of the new • bunch,
piece-wise, I suspect), There's no way I'm paying that freaked out price • for
another 6095.