 Castle / 1136
Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:19:28 GMT

hm, will do...

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars
www.filmforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Film News

----- Original Message -----
From: Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net>
To: Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca>
Cc: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 1999 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

That has to be a marking mistake... the Gungan Patrol is only 9.99 at
TRU in the states. that's a big booboo if you ask me :( I'd bring it to
their attention and let them know they aren't going to sell at that
price, and they should check their pricing.

Paul Davidson wrote:

Yeah, there seem to be other discrepancies, too.  At my local Sears, the
only place so far to stock most of the 2000 Lego, I found this odd
comparison:

7124 Flash Speeder: 105 pcs, $19.99 CAD
7115 Gungan Patrol: 77 pcs, $29.99 CAD

Yikes, no wonder every single Gungan Patrol is still on the shelf, while
most of the cooler sets have completely sold out (in only two days). • The
Gungan Patrol looks even smaller on the shelf than the piece count • suggests.
There's no way I'm buying it for that price -- it's barely worth $15, • and I
don't think any parent will buy it for more than that.

--

Paul Davidson

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
There's a stunning discrepancy I've noted, and I'm sure I'm not the • only
one,
but yoiks, it's a doozy.

6094 Guarded Treasure: 101 pcs, $19.99 (CAD)
6095 Royal Joust: 99 pcs, $29.99 (CAD)

Am I the only one here who finds this out to lunch?  I've got 1 of • each,
and
while I'm getting a whole bunch more of 6094 (It's the best of the new • bunch,
piece-wise, I suspect), There's no way I'm paying that freaked out • price
for
another 6095.

--
Keep on Bricken'