 Castle / 1114
Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Kane writes:
Crap!  This sure doesn't bode well for a man of limited means like myself.
Then again, I am getting a job soon.  I'm gonna need to if I want King Leo's
Castle...  Anybody know how much that thing is (in U.S. currency)?

Howdy! US Price of King Leo's Castle.
It was $89.99 at Toys R Us.  Considering how poorly it was packed and how few
pieces it has, I was shocked.  The lack of a window box means that LEGO must
be embarased by the pieces chosen for it.  And it only comes with one horse!
Aaron

Mike

In lugnet.castle, Matthew Miller writes:
Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote:
6094 Guarded Treasure: 101 pcs, $19.99 (CAD)
6095 Royal Joust: 99 pcs, $29.99 (CAD)
Jeez!  I thought the US prices were bad.  This side of the border they're
US$15 and US$20, respectively.  I wonder why the price for 6095 goes up so
much when you go north?  You'd think that the % increase would be roughly
the same...

Actually, at current exchange rates, USD 20 = CAD 29.40, and USD 15 = CAD
22.05. So actually, the Royal Joust is about equivalent, and the Guarded
Treasure is cheaper.

Not that it's not expensive in either country.