 Castle / 11128
  Light'Ader

Here is my new MOC - a lighthouse that will be connected to the castle town of Blut'Ader. I wanted to create something small that wouldn't steal the thunder away from the city, yet fairly realistic. (URL) also included a little link section for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: Light'Ader

always, your stuff is so cool.. ive noticed a trend of seaside MOC's.. any reason? i like them anyways, especially how you do the waves and sea foam and stuff.. just the surrounding countryside in general is cool. -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) That's a fine looking little lighthouse. I especially like, for some odd reason, the rock base and sea foam details. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

Great job Pawel! I love the edited picture, makes it look all that more real. After looking at the real ones though, and then looking back, the only thing I would suggest is maybe make it a little taller? maybe it's just how they look in the pics (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) cogs come to invade....!!! Kev..: ) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) using now, instead of the white ones. You are indeed right that the other ones were too bulky. I like the bits of grey around the tower, they add to the worn effect. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks :) No reason - I didn't really think about it before now. I guess I like stuff by the water because you get a lot of variety that way. Having a stream flow by a MOC can really spice things up, PLUS, you figure that most people in the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks. I notice that a lot of work can go into the landscape around the MOC, and it sets the tone nicely for the MOC itself. I usually don't have th patience for it though ... Must ... get ... to ... MOC ... instead :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Yeah ... I've been thinking about that. I figured that a lighthouse itself probably doesn't need a defense system, but once I start builing the port and foundry around it, that's when some major defense mechanisms will start falling into (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks Jason! Yeah ... there was just something not right about them. In a weird way, I'm of the belief that every MOC is intended to come out in some way, and it's up to me to realize that potential. That's why projects take so long - there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Pawel, Wow, great, I love the lighthouse, adding the water was a very nice touch. George (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks - the price of the white 1x1s really went down with the introduction of the Lego Mosaic. Now we just need bulk plates at S@H and we are set :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Hehe. The little details (also known as greeblies to the space heads) are what really makes a model look great. It's the things you wouldn't expect to see, like the clams and starfish on the rocks and the sea foam, that really makes a model (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks! Yeah ... I thought about making it a little taller, and based on your advice, I think I will (hmmm ... need 1x2 white bricks). I guess, looking back on those other buildings, I underestimated the true size of it. I will be adding an (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

Very nice job! I'm sure it will fit in very nicely with your other buildings. I really like how you added the water too. I'm interested in seeing your maps when you get those up. Also, thanks for the kind words and your lighthouse makes me want to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks Jason :) I have to hold off on the maps for now because of all the changes that are going on in my city. I have a hard time sticking to "a plan" - things just kind of get added here and there. So what is your current project right now? (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Pawel, That is a really cool lighthouse. The changes you made from the Beta version really enhanced it. Maybe if I build one of those for my wife, she won't give me a hard time about buying more Legos (she's a lighthouse fan)! Steve (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) Thanks :) Yeah - I think I will release the 2.0 version after going home this weekend. I *should* be working on my keep (which I plan to enter in the ISCC), but it's not due till the 31st - tons of time left ;) Build her a little lighthouse, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

(...) love it, and I STILL can't wait to see it attached to the city (wink, wink, nudge nudge, *COUGH*). Oh, and that lighthouse keeper. Armed to the teeth. Gotta protect the flame from those nasty raiders trying to roast their unholy weenies! (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

Well, be sure to let us know when your maps are ready. I'm also interested in seeing your keep. I'm currently working on another non-castle project that I might enter into the ISCC. I want to build some castle stuff, but I always end up going town (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)