 Castle / 1110 (+10)
  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Jeez! I thought the US prices were bad. This side of the border they're US$15 and US$20, respectively. I wonder why the price for 6095 goes up so much when you go north? You'd think that the % increase would be roughly the same... J (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Actually, at current exchange rates, USD 20 = CAD 29.40, and USD 15 = CAD 22.05. So actually, the Royal Joust is about equivalent, and the Guarded Treasure is cheaper. Not that it's not expensive in either country. (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

Crap! This sure doesn't bode well for a man of limited means like myself. Then again, I am getting a job soon. I'm gonna need to if I want King Leo's Castle... Anybody know how much that thing is (in U.S. currency)? Mike (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Yup, the exchange rate bites (for us Canucks, at least). See, John? Lego is cheaper here! <grin, duck> James (URL) those of you wondering, John Neal was bugging me a while back about no reason to live in Edmonton...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

(...) Howdy! US Price of King Leo's Castle. It was $89.99 at Toys R Us. Considering how poorly it was packed and how few pieces it has, I was shocked. The lack of a window box means that LEGO must be embarased by the pieces chosen for it. And it (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyne with a scanner got the new castle sets yet?

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:29:22 GMT, Huw Millington uttered the following profundities... (...) I held out on those, surprisingly. If you require some of the SW sets, I could assist.... (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle)

  Carved Lion Head Block?

What's the general consensus on the Lion head Block? Like or No Like? Personally, I don't like it. It's too pre-fab! It just doesn't look Lego. It looks too much like it belongs to some other toy company. I prefer a rendering of a lion made out of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Carved Lion Head Block?

(...) hey, bill ~ i saw my first y2k sets yesterday, including a couple with this lion-head element. i thought it was cool-looking, but would look MUCH better on a body as mini-fig lion! as a decorative element, it is really out of place in a lego (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  King Leo's Castle 6091: Worth $90

I found King Leo's Castle at my nearest Target. It looks awesome, but unfortunately, I was unable to buy it as the price was a little high for me (I'll just have to save up : ) ). I might comment, though, that I believe the set to be worth 90 bucks, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Holy over-priced, Batman!

Yeah, there seem to be other discrepancies, too. At my local Sears, the only place so far to stock most of the 2000 Lego, I found this odd comparison: 7124 Flash Speeder: 105 pcs, $19.99 CAD 7115 Gungan Patrol: 77 pcs, $29.99 CAD Yikes, no wonder (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact