 Castle / 10965 (+20)
  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) That was the same problem I was answering with the elaborate gear system I installed. The non-torque motor Lego makes turned my windmill into a mini fan. It really pushed out the air! The torque motor they have (power cable connects on top (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another update; The Royal Mill

(...) I followed your web address. You have a really nice Tree Temple. You put a lot of detail into it! Great work back to you. BK> (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) The micromotors are always like that. Even in a loud room at a train show, standing within 10 feet of an unshielded one of these is really irritating. It's not nearly so bad if it is fully enclosed in a building or on a moving platform so that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) When I click on the thumbnails I get a "404 HTML error" message - a classic. But from what I can see, it looks wonderful! It's almost better to see it small - it looks almost real in that view! Lovely job. -Shiri (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) The links are corrected now for the thumbnails! BK> (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC Teaser.... yes, Anthony is building a real MOC!

(...) From my Dungeons and Dragons expireence and also from my expireence building I can say safely that that is gonna be something that will not be very good:) Slavick M (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

awesome.. i love seeing the peasants coming to get their bread from the mill.. a little piece of every day medieval life; i wish lego would do something like this. but really.. totally cool! peace -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another update; The Royal Mill

(...) Brian, Superb building !! I really like the great use of the baseplates to integrate into your design. BTW, which set did the baseplate come from ? And I also like the roof design. Using the red to highlight the top came out well. Guess that (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another update; The Royal Mill

(...) The hunt for baseplates is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. This building/diorama uses several different plates. Here they are: -The squarish hill one comes in these castle sets: 6081 & 6086 -The raised river section is from the pirate (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

Now here is a thankgiving turkey you wouldn't want to catch. Friends, after much hard work, the red dragon Formeathan has been Ldrawn. Images are here: (URL) entered him into the Ldraw.ord Model of the Month contest as well. Mookie wanted us to have (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

(...) you can get a piece count! Come on, tell us how many... -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

Anthony, it's still a great model but I am beginning to think it needs more wing feathers, esp. after seeing the CAD versions. The wings look kinda skinny... And you know the cross-posting police are gonna come down on you like a ton of bricks, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

(...) Me too. However if you were to build a 4 foot long lego dragon, you'd know too, that the wings being that size are very hard to make look 'full' and still make it so they move and don't destroy themselves when you pose them. I hearby challenge (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Imagination Takes Flight - Answering the call to action

(...) How about using a bunch of the triangular plastic wing/sail sheets that have come in several sets, such as 6045, 6088, 6093, 5921, 6495, 6579, etc. 6093 even has feathers printed on it. I know that these aren't "bricks," but they are still (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Royal Mill

(...) Brian -- That is really cool. Not being much of a "gear head" (IE: not much technic in my collection) I suspect it would have taken me far longer than 4hrs to get the gearing right. ;) I understand some about gear ratios and such from my R/C (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack

Hey all! I picked up the newly released soundtrack for The Fellowship of the Ring, and I must say, it is *fantastic.* It has a good mix of classical orchestral styled pieces, many of which are rather Wagnerian, and some Celtic pieces. In addition, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack

South Park killed Enya for me. :) Being old is like being trapped in a dark room with Enya on the radio. It's cheesy and lame, yet earily soothing, all at the same time. "Jeff Stembel" <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Best set for castle that is out now ...

Ok - simple question for everyone: What is the best set out right now for castle fans? Bulk ordering excluded ... Now by best set, I have in mind a set that you get the most amount of useful parts for the best price. A ratio :) A while back, I would (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) Hagrid's Hut at Kmart this weekend at 20% off. I would say for $24, it had a nice variety of pieces. Again, taking cost into factor, it doesn't beat out the MTT. The plates are not very useful and the roof is *rap. The fact that you have to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) the Guarded Inn is probably the best for your buck these days in terms of pieces for new castles. If you consider postage etc, you could get about three of these for the same money you would spend on just one King Leo's Castle. That's 15 grey (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact