 Castle / 10973
Re: Another update; The Royal Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
Another way to see all the pics without having to modify the URL is this:

http://www.sp-lands.com/Images/mill/

Brian,
  Superb building !!  I really like the great use of the baseplates to
integrate into your design.  BTW, which set did the baseplate come from ?
And I also like the roof design.  Using the red to highlight the top
came out well.  Guess that is one way to handle running out of black
slope 45 2x2 double convex - just kidding !!  The different color does
add to the look of the building.
  And a working water wheel too.  Could not ask for more !
KK

The hunt for baseplates is one of my favorite parts of the hobby.  This
building/diorama uses several different plates.  Here they are:

-The squarish hill one comes in these castle sets:  6081 & 6086
-The raised river section is from the pirate islanders set 6278 and recently
re-issued as 6292
-The river plate with the 2 studs wide 'island' is from set 6552 Rocky River
Retreat http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6552  (the one I think you were
initially referring to)
-The other plates are standard green half and quarter plates