 Castle / 10965
Re: The Royal Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ben Gatrelle writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
Hi,

I built a new building on Sunday.  I have been wanting to build a mill with
a water wheel for a while now, so I did!  The images are located here:

http://sp-lands.com/indexes/mill.htm

They are thumbs, click on them to get the bigger pictures.

Also, I have a new domain name and site, so, if you had links to
http://legobuilders.com, at the end of this month, that site will no longer
exist.  My new domain name is http://sp-lands.com
So, please make changes if you are referencing this site via any favorites
or links.

Those look pretty good. I've been working on a water mill myself for a while
now. Maybe one day I'll finish it and get pictures up.  I'm trying to use a
motor so it will turn on its own. It looks like you've used lots of gears to
slow it down. How fast does it actually turn?  I'm trying to get mine to
turn pretty slowly.

BEN GATRELLE

That was the same problem I was answering with the elaborate gear system I
installed.  The non-torque motor Lego makes turned my windmill into a mini
fan.  It really pushed out the air!  The torque motor they have (power cable
connects on top instead of bottom) was still to fast too.  So, I used the
worm gear to slow it down, but this made it move to slow!  So , I had to
have a small gear turn a larger gear to get the speed closer to what a water
wheel really moves.

So, to answer your question, I think it moves at just the right speed now!
That was a part of the 4 hours it took to figure it all out.  I didn't want
a fan and I didn't want a wheel that made a 360 degree loop in 3 minutes.

P.S.  I also had one of those micro motors from Lego, but it was so loud , I
didn't use it.  Does anyone else have a red micro motor?  Are they supposed
to be really loud or did I get the lemon off the rack?

Thanks for viewing my pics!