 Castle / 10960
Re: The Royal Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
I built a new building on Sunday.  I have been wanting to build a mill with
a water wheel for a while now, so I did!  The images are located here:

http://sp-lands.com/indexes/mill.htm

Very cool!  I like the details inside, as well as having an actual working
mechanism there.  There is a lot of life in the watermill.

One question - did you run out of black corner slope bricks, or does it
have a red top for some reason?

Good to see more original MOCs :)

-- Pawel

Unfortunately I did run out of black corners.  It took a lot more than I
thought to do that roof.  I have the tip top pieces in black, but changed
them to red just to be consistent.  I need 31 more black ones.  There isn't
even that many on Brickbay to buy if I wanted to!  My friends that have seen
it in person thought it was intentional and liked it.  They thought I was
trying to accent the windows!

Thanks for your comments.  I'm glad people are liking it.  It took 4 hours
to get all the gears working properly. I originally used a pulley system. A
big part of the problem is that the water wheel is so heavy, it bends the
plastic technic rod, thus making the fartherest corner of the water wheel
rub the baseplate, causing to much stress on the gears.  That made the gears
pop out.  The current design works quite well though.  The rest of the
building only took about 3 hours to finish.