 Castle / 10900 (+20)
  Re: Cannons?

Very interesting, thanks Mr. LFB. But I have another question for you, when did guns and gunpowder come into use? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Found a resource! (Was: Re: Cannon?)

(...) I just stumbled upon a really cool resource on early, early cannon and firearms: (URL) It has a picture of said cannon, though in a manuscript rather than on a tapestry. And I apologise for being a CAD by replying to my own post not ONCE but (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cannons?

(...) It depends. By whom, and for what purpose? LFB (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sailing Ships (a lack of them)

(...) Surely you would need some ships to be able to go on crusades, rather than for defence or pleasure cruises! Martin (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Found a resource! (Was: Re: Cannon?)

That's plenty of information, thanks for your help! (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Arrr...rrr.

that looks pretty cool I've got some material at home and some t-shirt transfers ready to make some castle related sails may have to get onto it Steve Jackson (of Gurps fame) put some stuff on his site about making new sails for ships (URL) Stacey (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle

Is there a common name for baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle? Does it appear in any other sets, whether identically or in different colours? Kerry -- ===...=== Kerry Raymond kerry@dstc.edu.au Proud to be LUGNET Member 599 (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle

(...) Yes, I think there is one in 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins (also green), and another in 4990 Rock Raiders HQ (light and dark grey). I guess according to Shiri's Acronym FAQ it's a SPUD. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle

(...) colours? (...) You are correct about 5986. It's the same shape, decorated differently. Here's a pic: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Found a resource! (Was: Re: Cannon?)

(...) And then there are Greek fire projectors which appear much earlier than cannon and may be among things classical which were largely "lost" during the so-called Dark Ages. One or two of them suddenly appearing from the mysterious East could (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cannons?

Adam, I've been intersted in late medieval warfare for a while, and hope I can give you some useful guidelines. (...) If I recall correctly, cannons in Europe first came into play in the 14th century. I read that the first use of "guns" against (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  medieval warships

Hi all, Hmm, seems like several of us are on a spree of building medieval warships. I recently (finally) got brown boat hull pieces, and want to make a medieval warship, you know the kind with a crenelated tower at the front and back. Can anyone (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval warships

(...) Here is a web page with some historical points. They are from a slide show at a University, so, no pics. But, I figured the information should at least be useful to you. (2 URLs) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sailing Ships (a lack of them)

(...) I have a fleet! (URL) personally don't like the 'flying' ships myself. It just seems a little out of place for me when I think castle and chivalry... BK> (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Found a resource! (Was: Re: Cannon?)

(...) This actually was developed during the Dark Ages by the Byzantines (Romans to themselves, Greeks to everyone else) and being perhaps the most closely and successfully guarded military secret of all time, was lost with the fall of the Byzantine (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cannons?

(...) Ohhhhhh, and I was going to leap all over that one, too! (...) Do you barbeque misteaks? Perhaps it is a Humpty-Dumpty portmanteau of mesquite smoked steaks? Please cite all references and use only original sources. :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval warships

(...) You're looking at building a cog, developed on the Hansard coast in the 13th-14th centuries, or a nef, which wasn't a double-ended ship and had a modern rudder. Other purely European ships had some provision for oars. It's worth noting that (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

To Whom It May Concern: I have placed three images of what appears to be a new castle visor on the following webpage: (URL) images are from the AMAZINGLY good Monty Python and the Holy Grail / Camelot mini-movie on Lego's website. As others before (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I just assumed that they custom made that piece for this specific skit - ala custom making the shields and cutting off the wings from the Batlords' helmets. The mace used in drumming would also be a custom piece. I would be overjoyed if they (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(URL) O.K. WoW… I Love stuff like this!!! Thanks Mr. Marchetti for the sneak-peek. But is it a possibility that this element has been solely created for this movie? (((lets hope not))) And regards to the helmet itself… it appears as though the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact