 Castle / 10099
Re: Lego Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:57:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Sperber writes:
Just came across this post in Space discussing the Star Wars deal TLC made:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=10069

Basically, if TLC signed the same type of deal for Harry Potter as it did
for Star Wars, then we may be looking at a long time without Castle.  What,
there are four HP books now?  Looks like another Dark Age is coming on (or
maybe a dismal Ice Age)!

Personally, I really strongly doubt that this kind of agreement was signed
for the Harry Potter License.  Sure, HP is a "big deal", but it is still
pretty small potatoes compared to the marketing giant that is Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm is a much bigger property, and has much more sway over what will
and won't happen in a merchandising contract, because they can (to a certain
extent) guarantee market share.

James