 Castle / 10096
Re: Lego Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:16:00 GMT

Just speculation, but I suspect Lego Legends to run the gamut through city
and space before it returns to Castle again.  I have no idea what space sets
they would reproduce since they really have no space line going at this
time.  Life on Mars is off on its own tangent and Star Wars seems to be the
focus of most of the space push for the next few years.  There are numerous
town sets that could be reproduced easily, though.

As to Castle, whenever they get around to it, I would hope they bring back
one of the great castles like Black Falcon's Fortress (6074).  Seeing that
they already have the Black Falcon shield and old style knight's helmet
reproduced, it would be logical for Lego Legends to include this set.
Another good point is that with the first three Legends we can see that they
all rated high in popularity here on Lugnet, therefore translating into high
demand.  With the Metroliner (10001) at about $150, larger Castle sets
shouldn't make them skittish.

So for my guess, I would say that any popular set from the Black Falcon era
would be the next Castle Lego Legend (hopefully Black Falcon's Fortress
6074).  And since Lego Legends is breaking new ground, we might even see
reissues of the popular Forrestmen sets like Camouflaged Outpost (6066).

It takes a long period of planning and preparing to bring a set out on the
market.  Those in the know probably have the Lego Legends releases for the
next six months all set to be produced, with little chance of changes.  Most
likely the next year beyond that is being sketched out right now.  If only I
knew what was happening on the inside, and maybe to have some influence as
to what would come next!

I'm a little iffy on whether Lego Legends would reissue the Black
Seas Barracuda given that the Armada Flagship and Red Beard's Runner will be
available soon.  Maybe further along the line, Legends will get around to
the Black Seas Barracuda.

Here's one still hoping.

Rich

In lugnet.castle, Seth McCarus writes:
Keith,

So far, there are three Legends sets:

10000 Guarded Inn, released earlier this month (re-issue of 6067)
10001 Metroliner, to be released next month (re-issue of 4558)
10002 Club Car, to be released next month (re-issue of 4547)

Lego Legends and Classic series are both identical re-issues of the old sets,
but the box styles are different, and so far, the Legends sets are re-issues of
older (and more popular) sets.

In the USA, these sets can only be purchased online or via Shop-at-Home.  And
at LEGOLAND.

As far as the Classic series goes, I'm not sure of all the sets, but they
include the Gas n' Wash Express and Red Beard's Runner.  (Why not the Black
Seas Barracuda, why?!?!)

Hope that helps!

Seth.