 Castle / *22387 (-20)
  Re: lattice windows

This thread has gotten quite tangled in lugnet.space and other groups as folks have tried to redirect it. I have just overrode followups on all messages that followed up into lugnet.space such that followups go to lugnet.build.arch. The other groups (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: End of the Hunt

(...) Sorry to see BUB go... I thought he was a rather likeable character. Maybe he can make a reprise in "BUB: The Early Years". Cheers, Mark (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Custom Greek Hoplites

Dear all, This is somewhat of a belated announcement. But in case you don't know, all of my new items (from custom beards to Greek Corinthian stuffs) are now being showcased on (URL) my website>. There are also a bunch of new, historical custom (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Return to .castle and a castle layout

Hi, After too long away from the lego community I'm coming back... And to sweeten my return I've brought a modular castle layout 80's style with surrounding scenery: (URL) After moderation here: (URL) Most of the contributing MOCs can all ready be (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: lattice windows

(...) Hi Bruce, about your window: nicely done, nice colour scheme, and a mighty happy castle lord being very pleasant with his windowmaker :) My latest moderation can be found here: (URL) by the way, sorry for my crosspost to space, it's all castle (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: lattice windows

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> To: <lugnet.space@lugnet.com> Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 9:29 PM Subject: Re: lattice windows (...) Hi Bruce, nicely done, nice colour scheme, and a mighty happy castle (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: lattice windows

(...) Oops. Yeah, I reallized that after I hit send. Daan's original message was cross-posted to .space because he was using a Space element as his lattice. I broke my own rule and just hit "reply" without checking the newsgroup. Bruce (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: lattice windows

In lugnet.space, Bruce Hietbrink wrote: (URL) I'm so sorry. This should have been in .Castle FUT set accordingly. Bruce (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: lattice windows

(...) Nice window .. I'm gonna have to use it in a future MOC of mine. .. but why is this in .space? Did you make a mistake? -Lenny FUT: Castle (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Jake Chat II - Transcript

This past Saturday at <www.classic-castle.com> we had a second chat with Jake McKee. Our members had excellent questions. You can see the transcript here: (URL) Ben Ellermann CC Events Admin (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Lattice windows revisited and modified (wasRe: lattice windows)

"Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:I5n78v.L3C@lugnet.com... (...) ALL (...) color on (...) but (...) <snip> (...) When you talk about realism tho you have to talk about period too. I belive if you are building for a modern day (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lattice windows revisited and modified (wasRe: lattice windows)

(...) SNIP (...) Hello Gary Istok, thanks for your compliment and the 2 cents ideas! I will be one (of the first?) to buy your CD, just to see the cover ;-) Your words on stainglassed windows are correct. But since it's so difficult to look into (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lattice windows revisited and modified (wasRe: lattice windows)

(...) Great ideas! But I just want to point something out for making it "realistic". That is ALL great churches and cathedrals with stained glass do not show the glass color on the outside. What that means is from the inside one sees lots of color, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs

(...) That is a great resource. I'll have to download and read through all of those. Classic-castle.com does have a "how-to" page: (URL) aren't as nicely packed into PDF format (though that is a thought). We're always looking for great articles to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  ARE YOU READY??!!!

There are just two weeks left to prepare for our Halloween Bash! ARE YOU READY??!!! Have you refined your (URL) Presentation> and made sure Thomas Garrison knows you're coming? Has your (URL) Costume Ball Minifig> been sent to Gary McIntire? Have (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Don't Miss the Costume Ball at NWBrickCon™ 2004

The Ballroom is ready! Is your Minifig on its way? There is just one week left to be reasonably sure your figure will arrive in time. If you aren't able to come to NWBrickCon™ 2004 in person, be sure to send your Minifigure NOW! Send it to: The (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Yeah, I got on the vignette bandwagon...

(...) Sweet dude! I don't know about others who may or may not have read much Chekov or other Russian greats, but I think the Cold Winter's Knight rocks! I like that one better than the duck, and I like ducks! Great posture with the knight, he (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Yeah, I got on the vignette bandwagon...

(...) The mill is very nice, especially the duck. In the second one, you did a good job with the knight's posture conveying a sense of the cold winter wind - but a snow-covered landscape is pretty much inherently boring. Keep it up! Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Yeah, I got on the vignette bandwagon...

...and promptly fell off. Not exactly the most stellar of MOCs, but I guess everyone must start somewhere. (URL) The Old Gristmill (URL) Cold Winter's Knight (URL) Post Mod Gallery> These won't be the last vignettes I'll do, but I hope I do better (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower

(...) Jojo discovered them a few years ago (URL) the link to the picture is dead) Here's a pic (URL) one on the right is more rare. (...) My mistake, sort of. I had just been looking at the back of the wall, under the railing. Except for that one (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact