 Castle / 20402
Re: Lattice windows revisited and modified (wasRe: lattice windows)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:05:36 GMT

"Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Great ideas!

But I just want to point something out for making it "realistic".  That is • ALL
great churches and cathedrals with stained glass do not show the glass • color on
the outside.  What that means is from the inside one sees lots of color, • but
from the outside it should appear as just trans-clear glass.

<snip>
Gary Istok

A Lego addict since 1960.

When you talk about realism tho you have to talk about period too. I belive
if you are building for a modern day scene you are quite correct, but for a
medieval scene I think you are incorrect. The plain glass on the outside of
windows _tends_ to be a more recent addition to protect the fragile coloured
leaded glass. This is certainly the case for the churches and cathedrals I
have seen in Britain, but I'm no expert and have been known to be wrong :)

--
James Stacey
------