 Castle / *21052 (-20)
  Re: Timber Cart

(...) very sturdy. The red thing leading up to the horses (technical name?) looks really good as well. I'm reminded of the two lumberjacks sawing the tree in Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (for the Super Nintendo). They never did finish that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Construction and Final Confrontation at the Cracks of Doom

(...) the details that went into this. The wooden shack is a very nice touch. A building like this would certainly be put up in this situation, and it just seems to "fit." You can pack a lot into a 32x32 baseplate. -- Pawel (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Construction and Final Confrontation at the Cracks of Doom

(...) The "Precious" ... They stole from us... "Precious" Nicely done, the cut of his hand... the ring from half a key, brillient scene and you made quite a brillient work. Though in my opinion Tolkin should have ended the fight between Gollom and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: wot I is working on

(...) Hi James, I really like the castle/city you built there. I like the rasied plates combined and the front entrence looks very much impressive. Though it looks a bit deserted, not a single clue that some1 is still living there, but I'll guess (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  new creation: Graveyard and Altar

First of all, I need to get a decent digital camera and some better lighting because I don't think the pictures do the scene justice. I thought some of the tombs and monuments came out nicely, as well as the whole 'altar.' I tried to give that a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: wot I is working on

(...) Hey James, I think that the contest on classic-castle.com has really helped to spur some of this creativity. (...) I just thought it was a foggy day in your kingdom. :) This looks really impressive. I like how you built up the ground quite a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Timber Cart

Hey James, Very nice. I really like the way you did the sides, and that saw is perhaps my favorite 7-element MOC ever. Very clever. Bruce (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  wot I is working on

Wow it's busy round here. Current issues surrounding LEGO in general certainly aren't stifling creativity in .castle I've been hard at work for waht seems like forever recreating my site. New design and functionality. It's slow going. I have been (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Construction and Final Confrontation at the Cracks of Doom

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote: Hi Bruce, (...) the men in action. I can't think of anything to improve it. Great job! James (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Timber Cart

Here is my first real attempt at a cart. I got some of my ideas from admiring the work of Jojo and Jason Spears. The timber cart features two woodcutters who are out to gather timber. The cart can hold up to four decent sized logs. The men are (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Wall Construction and Final Confrontation at the Cracks of Doom

Hi all, Here are two more entries for the Classic-Castle.com contest. The first is for the "CCC Wall Buildings" category and it is people building a CCC wall The two figures by the shed are the foreman and a merchant. The others are working on the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Knights Kingdom Tall Figures seen at Paris ToyFair

(...) Notice in the last couple pics that you can see the minifig versions next to them, the black and green have new visors. Which is frickin cool. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: house and siege tower

(...) Thanks. I was very happy with how it turned out. I debated whether the slats should be horizontal or vertical. I'm not sure which would be more historically accurate, but it turned out that it was much easier to construct this with horizontal (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: house and siege tower

(...) Thanks, James. Originally the second floor didn't come apart easily like that, but I went back and put in the tiles so it would easily come out so you could get to some of the details on the first floor. (...) Thanks. I used that idea of (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message news:HrJDE3.21nG@lugnet.com... (...) out in (...) Is it true these sets have cardboard shields? Rosemary Regner, PE R Squared Digital Media rose@r2dm.com www.r2dm.com (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

These are out in the shops now .. no need to rely on fuzzy pics (URL) James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado "Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  New Knights Kingdom Tall Figures seen at Paris ToyFair

Castle Enthusiasts, Action-Figure.com has posted a few pictures of the large figures coming out in the new Knights Kingdom Theme. View the pictures at: (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Shop and Joust

(...) floor of the house - the 1x1 yellow round plates are a nice touch. I also like the symmetry of the Joust which is disrupted by the asymmetric house in the background. Finally, I'm glad that you have stairs going up to the battlement - it's an (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: house and siege tower

(...) I really like the fact that you made the siege tower out of brown bricks. It's the closest emulation of what a real tower might look like. The tiles you used on the front and the sides are great representations of boards that would have been (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights' Shop and Joust

(...) Finally got a chance to scope this out (after a very enjoyable chat with the creator last nite over at classic-castle)... Way cool! I think my fave touches are the reminder that you don't have to use split at the baseplate seams to do opening (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact