 Castle / 19086
Re: house and siege tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:54:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:

That's a great way to make the house come apart, especially for playability.
It's hard to reach adult hands into a normally hinged building :)

Thanks, James.  Originally the second floor didn't come apart easily like that,
but I went back and put in the tiles so it would easily come out so you could
get to some of the details on the first floor.

I really like this siege tower! The headlight brick is great for spicing up a
creation.

Thanks.  I used that idea of connecting slats with headlight bricks so there
were thin gaps once before here:
Then when I was looking for a SNOT solution to put up the sides it turned out
that headlight bricks gave me the right spacing.  My first inclination was to
use this piece:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3956
but it didn't work into the right space.

I like your battering ram too by the way :) For those who haven't seen
it: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=66176

Thanks.  I was originally going to use that ram when I did the siege of Minas
Tirith in my Tolkien project, but after seeing the massive ram in the movie
version, mine looks way too puny.

Bruce