 Castle / *20282 (-20)
  How to convert 2 useless LEGO castles sets into something bigger useless (or "Chariot of Fire")

Hi again, Before I begin this message it's really much space, but still I can hardly call it castle either. A few weeks ago, one night when I was really board and both LEGO Castle sets 2539 & 2848 on my bed, (2 URLs) I started trying to combine (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX)

  MichLUG @ the Motor City ComiCon - Caslte & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to display this past weekend at the Motor City ComiCon in Novi, MI. This is our second time displaying with them and we again had a great time. We had a complete castle layout, with 2 castles, 1 haunted keep, a village, a forest, a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.mi, FTX) !!

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) Pawel, This is great, walled towns are so rarely done. I can't wait to see the harbor, and more pictures. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Help me answer my nephew's question

"Pawel Nazarewicz" <reganok@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hn7Kr9.7rB@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) Jonathan (a (...) so (...) adjusted. (...) Its quite handy when liveroleplaying and creeping around in the dark to keep one eye shut. when someone (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) Hey Pawel. Man, you make me want to build some castley stuff again. :-) The city's come a long ways from the last time I saw it (over 2 years ago, wow). Really cool little village outside the gates. How many wall sections does the city use (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) Yeah ... this whole city is built "realistically" - as in, if minifigs could walk, they could get to every part of the city. All towers are accessible, etc. Also, the walls are done at a height and width that I considered realistic for (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) I like the detail on the lighthouse, especially the seagulls. I've been thinking of doing a light-tower along similar lines, though likely it won't be as big when I get around to it. Nice church too. And the pennant detail on that 'big house' (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Norman Keep

(...) That'd be really cool. Maybe a bunch of spears set into 1x1 round bricks stuck to the bottom of the moat. (...) Yeah, I generally avoid the raised baseplates because it's hard to get them to fit with the rest of the landscape. Oh, one thing on (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Norman Keep

(...) I hear ya, I hate when that happens to me. (...) These are the two solutions I'm most intersted in, but obviously they are the hardest to get right. I've also been thinking of a dry moat, filled with stakes perhaps, but this would possibly be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Norman Keep

(...) I guess something like that would work with your keep, but I dunno if I'll be able to make a moat on mine, on the outside of a curtain wall. BTW I never got around to complimenting on your keep, I love the way it opens up and the way you've (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Peasant's Church

(...) Hi Bruce, I really glad you liked it, thank you very much for your very quick replay. As for the bell, it does swing, infact it does everything beside ring:-) I wanted to attach a thread to my minifigs so they can swing it:-) You can borrow it (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Norman Keep

(...) Shoot. I wrote a big long post after going through and finding pictures on Brickshelf, but my browser crashed and the post was lost. Grr. Anyway, I can think of 3 ways to build moats: 1. Castle on green baseplates, blue plates on top of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Peasant's Church

Yaron, Very nice church. I like the details in the windows especially. Also the goblet, the books (hymn books or bibles?), the statue, the shields are all nice details. The clapper on the bell is a good idea - I'll have to borrow that sometime. Does (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Medieval Peasant's Church

Hi everybody, As promised I'm proudly presenting the 2nd MOC I've been working on recently. A small 'Medieval Peasant's Church' which would probably would look much better if it was white but as castle fan all I have is gray:-) It's been inspired by (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: lizardman

(...) Urrrr... Good idea. (Ishuddathottuvdat...) :P~~~ (URL) to use a Dinosaur "tail tip" piece in place of the light sabre blade. Thanks, Franklin (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Help me answer my nephew's question

(...) Acutally, I've heard that some of today's special forces do the same thing. The reason being that if there is a failure in their night vision equipment, they will still have one eye that can adjust to the dark quickly. It's second hand (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: Norman Keep

(...) I realy knew what you ment, the early wooden "castles" where build on motte's - until they were to big/heavy... as you described before. I just wrote my favorite kind of making the surrounding of a castle - a moat. :) (...) yes - there are (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) I feel that even though I never met many of the people on Lugnet, I still know them pretty well. If I was to meet them, we would already have a lot of history between us and could pick right up. (...) Thanks! (...) You are right - it's a (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC Preview: Blut'Ader

(...) Thanks :) -- Pawel (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help me answer my nephew's question

(...) I heard that pirates (or in this case - Gilbert the Bad) wore eye patches so that if they ever had to fight in the dark, one eye would already be adjusted. So some wore patches even with two healthy eyes :) -- Pawel (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact