 Castle / *18957 (-20)
  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) WOW! This looks like it came straight from a painting!It could be anywhere in merry old england.jezzzz.....nice touch with the man and the walking of the horse...wow...... (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Wonderful, For something so simple, it has a great depth of feeling to it. And for some reason, it harkens me back to the coast of Labrador during early Fall. To me, the scene appears vaguely reminiscent of McKiernan’s short story “The Hel (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) I like your design and construction but i have to agree with Matt and say it needs a bit more in the landscaping. While the land is nicely built, it needs more accessory. Since much of the tower has collapsed, perhaps a few dark grey plates (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Nice work Jason, you have a real talent for terraforming. I like the trees being around the same height as the tower...it kind of gives that feeling that nature is reclaiming it. Maybe some 3-bladed bushes or 3pronged flower stems would look (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Jason, Neat, it reminds me of the ruined towers in the first book of the Wheel of Time, well, other than they weren't near a sea. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Thanks! (...) What do you mean by too many studs? Would tiles have helped this in your opinion? More foliage would have been difficult, I would have either had to use the normal Lego molded trees (which are kinda small) or just some scrufffy (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Thanks so much for your compliments. I like that ceiling beam too. I really wanted to give the impression that it could come crashing down at any minute. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Hey, nice start to a scene there! Although there were a bit too many studs in the pic (could have fixed that with some more foliage around the tower) I'll still have to give you props for a good start at it! I found the use of those flat (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Ruin by the Sea

(...) Very nice Jason! The entire presentation is excellent. I like the shore, trees, and the ruin (especially that decaying ceiling beam). Ben (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Ruin by the Sea

A finished a new creation last night. I haven't done any castle themed creations in quite a while and so it was a refreshing break. The idea behind this was just as the name suggests, a ruined tower next to the shore. (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge

(...) Well, maybe you should know the guy, he used to own Bergen. He sold it as fast as he could, though. Nothing personal, I am sure. :) The gold in the attic was his payment for the lands he sold. There is a chest on the first floor that is full (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge

(...) Hi Yaron, Thanks, I was inspired to do this by these baseplates. I got them in a lot off of Ebay. I didn't think they would fit together well, either, but a little creative use of 2x green plates and they worked okay. Thanks again, I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HG782F.18Gu@lugnet.com... (...) "I'm going to KILL you! Hee hee hee!" ~ The Demented Furby (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue Dragon

"Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HG8F15.uAp@lugnet.com... (...) I thought they were only trans neon green? But, yeah, I tried sooo many different ways to attach a mouth to the 'dragon horse head,' but it seems that was about (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue Dragon

(...) Joe, very cool...did you know that your red dragon is infested with a fleebnork?? Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Call to Arms (at BrickFest 2003)

(...) Quoting the Grand Admiral Muffin Head, "Make it so!!!" (...) I know what you mean. The benefits of travelling caravan style (as in herding a group of fans together on a trip (one day in my case) is that the cost is spread out over a few (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Blue Dragon

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HG67p6.11oM@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) Yeah, I haven't subscribed to any particular definition of a dragon other than some sort of reptile that can fly, so his ambiguity isn't a surprise. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge

Hi Josh, (...) Hmmm. Since I'm born in Bergen I have the feeling I should know the man, but the name doesn't ring a bell. (...) Well, I can imagine his joy upon discovering that chest of gold in the attic. This is a very neat MOC. I like the way you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!

(...) Yah, here's three...they ain't classics, though. (heck, I just wrote these from scratch.) We say the gods and our own intuition provide for a sure defense, but mostly germs, guns and horses are the deciding factor, right? Hopefully, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Possible Interest for Castle Fans

Hi Ken, (...) Well, I have now. (...) As well as 4 2x2 double convex slopes and a few other 45 degree brown slopes. This seems a useful set to me, worth buying a couple of copies. Thanks for pointing out. Regards, Twan. (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact