 Castle / 17101
Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:37:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Twan Theeuwen wrote:
Hi Josh,

"Josh Wedin" wrote:
Ye Olde Hunting Lodge.  It is the home of a
recluse, Hans Von Bergen.

Hmmm. Since I'm born in Bergen I have the
feeling I should know the man, but the name
doesn't ring a bell.

He inherited the Lodge from his father,

Well, I can imagine his joy upon discovering that
chest of gold in the attic.

This is a very neat MOC. I like the way you used
prefab pieces, especially the new type of castle
walls that I find rather difficult to use. You did an
excellent job with this. Only the use of steep
sloped bricks in the roof seems a bit out of place
to me. These might look more convincing when
used at the base of the roof with the low slope
bricks on top, thus making a more or less round
roof. The interior has a nice somewhat messy
appearance, which I would expect in a hunting
lodge housing a recluse. The landscaping
certainly adds to the overall effect, making it a
very pleasant MOC.

Regards, Twan.

Well, maybe you should know the guy, he used to own Bergen.  He sold it as fast
as he could, though.  Nothing personal, I am sure. :)  The gold in the attic was
his payment for the lands he sold.  There is a chest on the first floor that is
full of jewels as well, but it is closed in the pictures.  The steep roof pieces
do look a bit odd.  I have been experimenting with them.  I used them on my
lighthouse and it turned out okay.  But they aren't as good on this.  I was glad
you noticed the messy interior.  That was the look I was going for.  I based
this on some of my friends rooms in college.  Thanks for your comments!

Josh