 Castle / 17076
Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:14:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin wrote:

   Hey All,

Here is something I have been working on. Ye Olde Hunting Lodge.

Hey, not bad! Looks like a lot of Black Falcon’s Fortress walls went into the construction, so kudos to that. At first, I thought to myself that the exterior looked a bit plain, but checking the back of the structure, I was surprised to see the intriguing use of quarter turrets for the chimney. I haven’t seen that done anywhere else.

Are you considering constructing an extension to the lodge? I mean, with its construction I could easily see walls jutting off from each side (or a small bridge to extend over the stream.)

Also, it’s nice to see a depart from the typical palm fronds for the flat foliage pieces.

Just one suggestion, To make the design appear more ‘remote’, I would have placed some foliage against the sides of the building. (after all, if I lived in a hut far away from society, I’d spend more time hunting and gathering materials than keeping the outside of the compound tidy.)

   Post mod klap trap. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=45773

Looking great,

thanks

Osprey, over and out

M. Aaron Hein

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. It does have parts from 3 black falcon’s fortress, but what I am really proud of is that I haven’t bought any of the Legend’s release of that set. So all the parts in this MOC are from the original release. It doesn’t really matter but it makes me happy. As far as additions to the building go, I don’t think I am going to add on. It would work well, but I am not sure how long this will stay together. I’m getting the itch to tear it apart. :) You know what though? I should have put a bridge over the river and left the boat out. If you look at the river plate carefully there are rocks just behind the boat. He can’t go anywhere in it! Should have made a bridge.

Josh