 Castle / 17075
Re: We're goin' toWaRrrrr!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:11:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel wrote:
   Yup, “we’re going to war!”

Why...‘cause i feel like it. ;)

This post was created with the intent of learning your (yes, you... I’m speaking directly to you sitting right there) favorite ‘war-slogan.’

So, do you have a favorite war-cry or slogan, or motto, or saying, or song lyrics.

Thus I guess jus’ about anything applies…but it has to be Castle-esk.

Here’s my three:

“Release the dogs of war!” (Yah, a classic…and a bit of a cliché also.)

“Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war.”

From the Billy Shake-a-spear quote correction foundation. :-)

The battle cry on one DnD group I played with, brought about by near starvation of the characters, an unfortunate group of orcs, and one too many Grape-Nuts commercials: “Many parts are edible!”

A simple and straightforward, “Valhalla!”

Or, if suffering from maximum verbosity, “Kill ‘em all and let the Valkyries sort ‘em out!” (See the writings of James Branch Cabell for when this goes wrong, though)

And various Ashisms: “That’s gotta hurt!” “Good, bad, I’m the guy with the (insert favorite weapon here).” “Who wants some?”

-->Bruce<--