 Castle / 17046
Re: Ye Olde Hunting Lodge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin wrote:

   Hey All,

Here is something I have been working on. Ye Olde Hunting Lodge.

Hey, not bad! Looks like a lot of Black Falcon’s Fortress walls went into the construction, so kudos to that. At first, I thought to myself that the exterior looked a bit plain, but checking the back of the structure, I was surprised to see the intriguing use of quarter turrets for the chimney. I haven’t seen that done anywhere else.

Are you considering constructing an extension to the lodge? I mean, with its construction I could easily see walls jutting off from each side (or a small bridge to extend over the stream.)

Also, it’s nice to see a depart from the typical palm fronds for the flat foliage pieces.

Just one suggestion, To make the design appear more ‘remote’, I would have placed some foliage against the sides of the building. (after all, if I lived in a hut far away from society, I’d spend more time hunting and gathering materials than keeping the outside of the compound tidy.)

   Post mod klap trap. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=45773

Looking great,

thanks

Osprey, over and out