 Castle / 17096
Re: Call to Arms (at BrickFest 2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 01:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz wrote:
   Benjamin Medinets wrote:
   I wish I had the creative capabilities that Jeff had or even the time to impliment them. Personally, (and I have not volunteered to run the room or have been asked to yet), I think this year should be a “transitional” year to move from a modular castle village to one that FULLY intigrates the modular marketplace specifications.

One thing we need is a standard for the transition between the two specifications. The modular city assumed 32x32 blocks with 8 wide streets between, with the street surface being at +1 brick. Of course one way we could solve this is to build supports for the market place modules that raise them to +1 brick. A construction with two layers of plates plus a top layer of tiles can be placed under the market place baseplates and bring the surface up to the modular castle city road surface height. If we had a lot of market place MOCs, an area of 3x3 town blocks would have space for 7x7 market place 16x16 modules with a street surrounding them. A 2x2 block area plus the streets on two sides could be used to get a 5x5 market place. A 1x3 block area would allow for 2x7 market place modules.

Quoting the Grand Admiral Muffin Head, “Make it so!!!”

   One of the few regrets I have about moving to Oregon is that I can no longer drive to BrickFest. This dramatically limits what I can bring.

I know what you mean. The benefits of travelling caravan style (as in herding a group of fans together on a trip (one day in my case) is that the cost is spread out over a few people. On the negative side, you only have so much room for stuff, unless you get a brave volunteer to ride up on the roof (I don’t think the State Trooper would look on it too kindly...) :) I guess when everything is said and done, then I’ll know exactly what I’m going to bring.

Changing format to FTX to test out my Sigfile....what you think??

Ben