 Castle / 17106
Re: Ruin by the Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:56:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein wrote:

   Jason Spears wrote: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/985

Hey, nice start to a scene there!

Thanks!

   Although there were a bit too many studs in the pic (could have fixed that with some more foliage around the tower) I’ll still have to give you props for a good start at it!

What do you mean by too many studs? Would tiles have helped this in your opinion? More foliage would have been difficult, I would have either had to use the normal Lego molded trees (which are kinda small) or just some scrufffy grass & bush. I did consider that but I wasn’t sure about as many trees as I did have, this close to the shore.

   I found the use of those flat foliage parts to construct the spruce to be an interesting take on tree construction. (I’ve taken note of this for a later project.)

Thanks. Although I didn’t make it up, I seem to recall seeing it on a GMLTC layout first. Those trees IMO look great, but they are expensive. I wish Lego would come out with a bulk pack of those pieces.

   Otherwise, I enjoyed the background story to the tower.

Cool. I sorta made that up this morning, although I guess it had been mulling about in my head the whole time I was building it.

   Keep at it!

Absolutely.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG