 Castle / 17141
Re: Ruin by the Sea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:55:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alan Findlay wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Spears wrote:
   http://mocpages.com/moc.php/985

I’m very impressed by the whole thing. With simplicity you’ve suggested so much.

Thank you. I will definitely try to remember, in the future, that simiplicity has it’s uses.

   My favourite are the trees. How did you build them? Are they sturdy, or do they topple at the slightest nudge? I’d like to build some like them.

I confess I can’t claim all the credit for those trees. I first took note of the idea from this picture of an early GMLTC layout.

To build one, start with a 1x1 Round Brick. Then Stick a Technic Flex Hose in that. Then take a bunch of the two leaf pieces. 2417 and 2423 and fill in as desired.

They don’t topple at the slightest nudge, but they are wobbly. I think if you sunk the 1x1 round brick, then they would be quite robust. I wish you luck with building some, those leaf pieces are far too uncommon on Bricklink and in my own collection.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG