 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 878
  How to improve rendering quality

All, I have been messing around with MLCad to create some models and rendering them out with POVRay. I have wanted to improve the rendering quality, so I downloaded the LGEO library. Using L3PAddOn to create POV file, I was able to make a rendering, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to improve rendering quality

(...) What kind of quality improvements do you have in mind? In other words, what features or artifacts are there in your current renderings that you want to remove or improve upon? If you want better colors, some folks have had some luck using (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to improve rendering quality

(...) Well, I have rendered out a copy of my locomotive: (URL) it was OK, quality wise. But last night, I tried using the LGEO includes to do a rendering of the same engine, and the quality, sharpness, details was much much improved. Much smoother (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to improve rendering quality

(...) nice, quaint mecha instead? ;-) ;-) (...) That'd be my guess. When you were including those files, did you get a rendering, or would the scene not even compile? Either way, this sounds like an issue to raise with either Lars Hassing, Lutz (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How to improve rendering quality

(...) But they don't do anything! At least trains go round and round in circles...or if you are James T., you can drag race them. :) (...) I think it must be an issue with the LGEO includes. I will email Lutz (unless you are reading this. Are you (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)