 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 881
Re: How to improve rendering quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:30:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

What kind of quality improvements do you have in mind?  In other words, what
features or artifacts are there in your current renderings that you want to
remove or improve upon?

Well, I have rendered out a copy of my locomotive:

and it was OK, quality wise. But last night, I tried using the LGEO includes
to do a rendering of the same engine, and the quality, sharpness, details
was much much improved. Much smoother overall.

However, the issue was that there were 3 or 4 parts that had problems. When
I removed those parts from the .pov file, everything worked fine. So maybe
there was just a problem with those include files? I tried to get access to
the LGEO tutorial, but the site is not coming up.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
AFOL