 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 883
Re: How to improve rendering quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:17:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

AHA!  There's your problem...you're modelling TRAINS!  TRAINS!  How about a
nice, quaint mecha instead?  ;-)  ;-)

But they don't do anything! At least trains go round and round in
circles...or if you are James T., you can drag race them. :)

However, the issue was that there were 3 or 4 parts that had problems. When
I removed those parts from the .pov file, everything worked fine. So maybe
there was just a problem with those include files?

That'd be my guess.  When you were including those files, did you get a
rendering, or would the scene not even compile?  Either way, this sounds
like an issue to raise with either Lars Hassing, Lutz Uhlman, or both.

I think it must be an issue with the LGEO includes. I will email Lutz
(unless you are reading this. Are you reading this?) and see if he can shed
some light.

In general, L3P + LGEO has done little else but amaze me...but it's still a
work in progress.

Here here! It is pretty cool! The quality of the LGEO render was SO much
nicer. Now if I can just get the offending parts fixed...

Jake

---
Jake McKee
AFOL