 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2646
Re: LEGO error with POV-RAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 20:34:14 GMT

   In lugnet.cad.ray, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Reuven Kawesch wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, David J. Perdue wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Reuven Kawesch wrote:

(snip)
   Hi Reuven,

Sorry if the LPub dialog is not very helpful, but the interface between LPub and POV-Ray is by definition not very communicative.
I know that this isn’t an LPub problem. I’ve successfully used LPub before to generate biulding instructions and BOMs before, but this time I was using it to use LGEO.

LPub does not perform renders on its own, it uses external renderers to get the job done.

(snip)
   The error messages from POV-Ray point out a problem in a lgeo file and line number. Did you consider finding that file and fixing the syntax problem and continuing?

Yeah. POV-RAY (when not using LPub) even highlighted the line. However, I really don’t know what POV-RAY’s problem was, since the syntax of the line it highlights is the same as other lines (which don’t generate errors).

I don’t have access to my computer for the weekend, but when I do I’ll try tweaking settings here and there to make it work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help,

Reuven

PS Kevin: your power tools book is really great. I had played with LDraw a few years ago, but gave up. But I got your book, figured out LDraw (and MLCad, L3P and POV-RAY), and now I’m hooked. Thanks!