 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2639
Re: LEGO error with POV-RAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 01:00:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Reuven Kawesch wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a first time poster, so forgive me if my question is a bit simple.

I haven't been able to use the LGEO parts library.

Hello Reuven. I've had problems with LGEO parts too, so I know how you feel.

In L3PAO, I check the -lgeobox. In POV-RAY, in the "POV-RAY for Windows
Render Settings" dialog box, In thecommand line options, I have
written "Library_path-C:\ProgramFiles\LDraw\LDraw\Apps\LGEO", which is the
correct path to the .inc files forLGEO. When I press run in POV-RAY, it
highlights a line that says "lg_3650", andat the bottom it says "Parse
Error: Expected 'object', undeclared identifier'lg3650' found instead."

I suggest an entirely different approach to using LGEO parts. Try this:

(1) Download and install LPub on your computer from this link:

http://www.kclague.net/LPub/index.htm

(2) Open LPub. (It will probably ask you first to tell it where you have L3P on
your computer.) Use the menu bar to open your LDraw file. Then select the
"Renderer" tab, then the "L3P" tab, then the "Model" tab, then you'll see an
option for LGEO pieces. You must first "find" the LGEO pieces on your computer
before LPub allows you to use them. Use the browse button to locate where you
have your LGEO pieces. LPub is looking for a file called, "l2p_elmt.tab". You
should have this with your LGEO pieces--select it in your browsing window, and
LPub should be satisfied.

(3) On LPub in the menu bar at the top, select Generate --> Complete Model.
Pov-Ray should render your model--with LGEO pieces.

This worked for me. Try it and see how it works for you.

- David J. Perdue