 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2645
Re: LPub and Mega-POV Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 14:56:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi David,

  From what I remember, MEGA-POV 0.7 is the last one that had the edge line
capabilities.  It was dropped in the follow on version of MEG_POV and I don't
know if subsequent versions ever brought it back.

  So, if you're set on ray tracing with edge lines, you'll have to stick with
POV-Ray 3.1.1 and MEGA-POV 0.7.

  If your goal is edge lines, and you really don't care about they ray-tracing
part, I would recommend using the latest version of ldglite or LDView.  These
are both excellent renderers that have been extended to make it easy for LPub to
interact with them as it would with L3P/POV-Ray.

Kevin

I will second Kevin's suggestion of changing to ldview or ldglite. They produce
excellent instruction pics and I think they look much better than MegaPOV with
edge-lines for instructions. That said, I would strongly recommend backing up
all your old lpub setup before trying the change. Some people have experienced
big problems trying to change. If you can get it working though it is really,
really great and a lot quicker and prettier than MegaPOV.

Tim

Thanks for the tip, Tim.

- David