 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2637
2636  |  2638
Subject:
LPub and Mega-POV Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 17:11:41 GMT

Hello all,

I'm trying to render using POV-Ray 3.6 and Mega-POV 1.21 or 1.1, and I am having
some technical difficulties.

First, I have the following installed on my computer:

LPub version 2.4.8.0 (works fine)
Pov-Ray 3.1 (works great)
Mega-POV 0.7 (works great)
Pov-Ray 3.6.1 (works sometimes)
MegaPOV 1.1 and 1.21 (I've tried both and they don't work)

I like using Mega-Pov for my building instructions because of the nice outlining
feature. I have had wonderful success with Pov 3.1 and Megapov 0.7, but my
transition to pov 3.6 and megapov 1.21 (or 1.1) has not gone well.

Here's the scenario. I open LPub, select my LDraw file to render, select the
Mega-Pov renderer, and tell LPub to render a "Complete Assembly." LPub obeys,
opens Megapov, and Megapov dies with a "can't find LPub.ini error." I can get
all my other versions of Pov-ray to work, so why wouldn't this work?

In addition, when I manually use megapov to render an image (which it can) it
does not use the outlining feature I want. Despite entering the proper line of
code in the program for enabling the Mega-pov features, I have not been able to
get Megapov version 1.21 or 1.1 to outline anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

David J. Perdue