 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2612
  Datsville animations - first tests

Hi there, finally i have started to import parts of datsville into Blender to make a little rendered brick movie. The first buildings are imported and optimized. I have put the results on (URL) Carsten (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) This is really cool Carsten. Have you tried (URL) Boxer>? It might help to automate some of the mesh optimisation. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Yeah. LDBoxer was the first step in the optimization process reducing the vertex count dramatically. From my experience with blender i think i can handle scenes with up to 3-4 million vertices on my powerbook. The last rendered scene (not (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

w00t! These animations look realy realy good! I'd love to learn how to do this, but I am very very lazy... Tim's boxing tool also looks very promissing, weird I never saw this mentioned before? Play well indeed! (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Oh, thanks, personally i think the actual renderings are poor, ugly looking and only usable as first shoot tests. I only have published them cause i get a little bit pressure from my wife and it was a perfect excuse to use iWeb. I think a can (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Not my tool although I don't actually know whose it is. I was told about it a while back. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) I made LDraw Boxer a couple of years ago, just to be able to render Datsville. /Tore (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Thanks very much for it. I've used it a couple of times on my bigger renders. You might want to put your name somewhere more prominently on its homepage ;) Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Thanks for that. LDBoxer was a great help! I have also used your Datsville compilation rev17 which was much cleaner than the original files. Carsten (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

Tore, I noticed the zip file with the source, but there is no license info? Is it intended to be software "libre"? Can I play with converting it to C on Linux ? -JSM (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) Great job on the animations. How did you import the models into Blender? Thanks, Brian Durney (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  LDBoxer (Was: Datsville animations - first tests)

(...) Thanks for asking, Jason. I didn't know that the code was online, even though it seems like only one version and not the latest. And I didn't know that anyone still uses LDBoxer. It's been very quiet about it for two years now. Yes, you may do (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Datsville animations - first tests

(...) There are some different python modules which are able to import ldraw files more ore less correct. I've ended up with a slightly modified version of (URL) (you need datimport.py and colorimport.py) A mostly complete list of LDraw->Blender (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)