 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2614
Re: Datsville animations - first tests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:04:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:

This is really cool Carsten. Have you tried Boxer? It might help to automate some of the mesh optimisation.

Tim
Yeah. LDBoxer was the first step in the optimization process reducing the vertex count dramatically. From my experience with blender i think i can handle scenes with up to 3-4 million vertices on my powerbook. The last rendered scene (not published yet) including the Train Station uses about 2 million vertices. So i think i can import the shopping center, which is really a beast - the interior can’t be removed and the police station.

Carsten