 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2141
Re: More Transparency issues (was: "Illusions")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 03:54:58 GMT

Here I am again, pleading for help. I wonder if I'll ever learn enough that I
can stop having to ask simple questions...

This time the part won't show up, rather than the part showing up, um, *too*
well. I'm working with that transparent sceptre again you all helped me out with
a few weeks ago. Now it's almost 100% clear and nothing I do seems to change it.
With this code:

#ifndef (Color47)
#declare Color47 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
pigment { rgb <0,0,1> #if (QUAL > 1) filter 0 #end }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }
#if (QUAL > 1)
finish { phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.2 }
#if (version >= 3.1) #else finish { refraction 1 ior 1.25 } #end
#if (BUMPS) normal { BUMPNORMAL } #end
#end
} #if (version >= 3.1) #if (QUAL > 1) interior { ior 1.25 } #end } #end
#end

I get this image (I'm using a Q1 setting):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Raytracing/scepter.bmp

Sorry the image is so small - it's late at night again and I want to go to bed,
not wait all night for a larger image to render.

Anyway, the sceptre is supposed to be in the white hand. If you blow the image
up, you'll see a (very) faint white outline. The problem is that no matter what
I change (the RGB value originally was <1,1,1> and the filter, though apparently
unused, was .85), the scepter color doesn't change - doesn't get fainter and
doesn't get stronger. Doesn't even change hue!

What am I doing wrong? Another "quirk" like the last one? Help!! :(

-Mike