 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2125
Re: "Illusions"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:36:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Martin Humel wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Mike Thorn wrote:

Don't ask me what I did; I don't understand why it happened myself. :)

Can you upload the pov-file? I'm sure the answer is hidden in there :)

I think that you have used the "looks like" option of a light. I had always
problems with that option and got nearly similar results.

No, I was editing the properties of the transparent color using Transmit. The
only code I changed was for Color57, here:

#ifndef (Color57)
#declare Color57 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
  pigment { [rgbt < 1,0.4,0,.8 >] #if (QUAL > 1) filter 0.85 #end }
  finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }
  #if (QUAL > 1)
    finish { phong 0.5 phong_size_ 40 reflection 0.2 }
    #if (version >= 3.1) #else finish { refraction 1 ior 1.25 } #end
    #if (BUMPS) normal { BUMPNORMAL } #end
  #end
} #if (version >= 3.1) #if (QUAL > 1) interior { ior 1.25 } #end } #end
#end

I didn't think I misunderstood how rgbt works, but perhaps I did.

~Mike