 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2127
Re: "Illusions"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:23:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, David Laswell wrote:
   Can we at least ask you what you were trying to do? Which part of it were you not expecting to happen?

I was trying to make the flame pieces a little more transparent. I thought there were a little too “strong.” It was just a little overbearing. I’ve used rgbt to great success before with the Town Square Fountain, so I thought I’d try it again. Unfortunately it didn’t quite work out - because raising the Transmit level for some inexplicable reason turned the flame blue!

The really strange thing, though, is that the shadows stayed orange and the bowl reflects orange shapes.

-Mike