 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2134
Re: "Illusions"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Miguel Agullo wrote:
   I’ve played around with this a bit and I think what is happening is that you’re trying to accomplish several things at once, and some collide with others.

(snip) Disclaimer: I could be completely off-base here ...

Looking at your file made me notice something that tells me definitely that you and David are correct. I never noticed before that there is a filter value in there after the rgb vector. Naturally that would skew things a bit.

So David was right with his theory and you are correct as well. I looked back at my POV file and commented out the filter stuff that L3P/MLCAD inserted (why would they do that, anyway??). Here is the (correct) result:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/Raytracing/Brazier/brazier-nofilter.jpg

It doesn’t have the orange shadows, and I’m not sure why, but the flames are the proper color anyway. I just had an idea for a flame color that would look really neat (and pretty realistic) but that’s neither here nor there. At any rate, you were right and I was wrong. :) I totally missed that filter stuff...duh...

So can I begin a campaign to remove filter values from L3P-generated POV code to instead work with just RGBT? :)

-Mike