 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 168
Re: "Glowing" Lights in POV-RAY (2nd attempt)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:48:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Howdy, y'all!

A while back, I asked y'all for some help
in making a "glow" in a rendered image
("http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=127&t=f&v=a").

Hello,

1. To make a light stronger you can use a multiplier. For example:
color rgb 2*<1,1,1> (double the light of the light source) or
color rgb 0.5*<1,1,1> (half the light of the light source) or
any other multiplier you like.

2. You can use MegaPov that supports glow

3. You can use the Media command in PovRay

You can find a nice PovRay tutorial at:
http://library.thinkquest.org/3285/index.html

George