 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 169
Re: "Glowing" Lights in POV-RAY (2nd attempt)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:57:38 GMT

GeoMan wrote:

In lugnet.cad.ray, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Howdy, y'all!

A while back, I asked y'all for some help
in making a "glow" in a rendered image
("http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=127&t=f&v=a").

Hello,

1. To make a light stronger you can use a multiplier. For example:
color rgb 2*<1,1,1> (double the light of the light source) or
color rgb 0.5*<1,1,1> (half the light of the light source) or
any other multiplier you like.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! How I have looked for that.

You can find a nice PovRay tutorial at:
http://library.thinkquest.org/3285/index.html

George

Once again, thank you!