 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 140
Re: help!!! - light sources in POV-RAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:17:19 GMT

Chuck Sommerville wrote:
The help files included with POV are pretty good.  Of course you can also
check www.povray.org.

Actually, the help files with POV suck rocks -- you're railroaded through the
tutorial, and it severely lacks in many areas.  And the resources listed on
www.povray.org deal almost exclusively for pre-3.1 versions.

I have a book called "Ray Trace Creations" that I
bought in a book store, which is about one inch thick and deals exclusively
with POV.

Is it current?  Does it address the changes made to the language in version
3.1?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society