 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1304
1303  |  1305
Subject:
Clipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:58:28 GMT

Could someone tell me if I understand the "clipped_by" function in POV-Ray
correctly?  As I see it, if I do something like:

sphere {<0,0,0>,2
clipped_by {box <0,0,0>,<1,1,1>}

will it only display those portions of the 2-radius sphere that fit within
the 1x1x1 box?  Or would it display the points of intersection?  How does
this differ from "bounded_by?"

Thanks!

     Dave!