 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1309
Re: Clipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:14:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Anders Isaksson writes:

'clipped_by' is almost the same as a CSG 'difference', ie. it modifies the
object, but doesn't generate surfaces on the cut part.

'bounded_by' is a hint to POVRay about complicated objects, to make
rendering faster.

Thanks Anders!  I've been playing around with it for a few days and I think
I now have a grasp of the basics.  At this point I'm on to screwing up
bigger and more complicated POVRay objects.

Here's what I've come up with so far (WARNING: Contains Clone Parts)

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/dome02.jpg

Not a terribly complex shape, but it let me play around with CLIPPED_BY and
DIFFERENCE statements.

     Dave!