 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *2537 (-20)
  Re: Need HDR shop

(...) Site came back so I don't need it any more. Yay for HDR Tim (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Need HDR shop

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had the installer for HDRshop (for manipulation of HDR images) since the site seems to be down at the moment. I've just installed MegaPOV for the HDR image maps and need to convert a few photos I got from the web (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Hi Koyan, I have made an attempt to try HDRI lighting and I am not sure if I am doing things correctly or not. Could you look over what I am doing and let me know if I am doing anything wrong? Here is what I have done so far: (1) Installed (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Focal Blur in POV-Ray

I have two comments. First of all, I see in your non-blurred render that the POVRay you have doesn't have Lars Hassing's Torus Patch. Take a look at this page, where Lars describes the problem, and provides the fix: (URL) that the fix is included in (...) (19 years ago, 28-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMO...telia.com> wrote in message news:Is3u6q.1KpJ@lugnet.com... (...) That is a great tip Anders! That will save me a lot of time when tweaking lights. (...) Ahh, so if I am using four lights each light should (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Focal Blur in POV-Ray

I got this to work in POVRay 3.5. I am not sure if it will work for other versions. Here is a test render of Xpod set 4415 with focal blur: (URL) is the same set rendered without focal blur and with some slightly different light settings: (URL) is (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If you click the "More" button next to the 16 standard colour buttons, you get a dialog that displays all MLCad's colours. The colour box can be scrolled to reveal them. Hovering your mouse over a colour swatch pops up the colour name, (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) You'll find that many of the colors on that list are already recognized by MLCad. For instance, if you type 383 in as a color number, and then hit Tab, it shows Chrome as the color name. Of course, this isn't all that helpful, since you had to (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) I usually write that as: 0.1*<1.0,1.0,1.0> which makes it much easier to adjust the brightness, especially if you're using coloured lights (or many lights). Remember that the sum of all lights used should be in the vicinity of 1.0, too much (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

Thank you for the info Travis. Is there a configuration file or a way I can enter all these color values into MLCAD so each time I use it the appropriate color names and color numbers are already in the MLCAD color picker? - John [SNIP] (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

OK, I think I found a partial answer to my question. It looks like I can cross reference LEGO part colors to LDRAW color numbers here: (URL) opens another question for me though. Is there a way I can change MLCADS color list so that it will have all (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

(...) If the color has an LDraw color number, you can just type the number into the Color number field in the MLCad "Select color" dialog. Many colors won't have numbers, but chrome silver and gold both do. Take a look at this color list, which (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:Is49BH.DH2@lugnet.com... (...) in the normal library to see if he had completed the model. That is one impressive virtual model you put together Koyan! - John O'Keefe (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  How do I specify colors not part of MLCAD?

When creating some models in MLCAD I come across some colors that are not part of the default palette in MLCAD. How do I find out what color number to specify? For example I have some chrome parts I want to create in MLCAD and I see not color for (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) That is cool. I have family in San Diego also. I used to go to Hawaii a lot when I lived in California. Now that I am in Texas it is a little harder to travel out that way. [SNIP (...) Do you plan on adding per part angle tolerance for the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:Is4GwJ.1w60@lugnet.com: (...) No way. I've learned everything I know about rendering through reading stuff from other people here. Now I can give back a little. Wouldn't want to make money off of that. Koyan (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Whoa, a tutorial would be fantastic, Koyan! That would be enough to get me to build my MOCs virtually! I'd pay $$$ for that kind of a service. Maybe consider producing a book or a CD?? JOHN (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) It's nothing. I'm visiting my Dad (in San Diego) for the holiday. And I did have a good Christmas but I have to go home today so I'l post this reply before embarking on my plane ride home (Hawaii). (...) The reason why I asked for it is that I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Just note (my main reply will be on the other branch of the thread). The ISD is aleady available: Orion's Website: (URL) Archive: (URL) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

Thank you for the information Koyan! "Koyan" <koyan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:Xns97385B86B364....63.236... (...) I never thought of doing that with the mesh enhancer. That is a good idea. If you can group certain parts together as a sub model (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact