 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1072 (-20)
  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

(...) POV doesn't have a 4800x4800 option in the Render>Edit Settings/Render window, so here's how to get it listed there. Go to your POV directory, and then to the 'renderer' subdirectory. Open quickres.ini At the bottom, create a new entry (copy (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

You need to create an image in POV-Ray that's at least 4800 x 4800 pixels. You can't/don't need to set the ppi in POV-ray. Then make sure your image program prints it at 600 dpi (do _not_ resample the image). You're weren't asking how to create (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)

Hey Y'all: I have a project created in Ldraw/POV-Ray of which I would like to create a higher (PPI/DPI) resolution image of approximately 8" x 8". I'd like to be able to achieve something like 600-1200 ppi for the final image printed on paper. I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

  New Chateau MOC

Hello all, Here is my latest creation: (URL) is a large mansion styled after a French chateau. This is actually a model of a real house in Palos Verdes Estates, (Los Angeles CA). The actual house is currently for sale. I found it in a high-end (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Rendering Problem

I have the most recent LGEO files so that wasn't the problem. I'm sure your suggestion about hacking the POV-Ray code would work but George's solution was much simpler. Thanks guys, Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Rendering Problem

I've had this problem with some parts and some defined but missing parts (90.dat for example) what I've done to fix it is when I find a missing or wrong lgeo part I copy the ldraw part file and rename it to something like 90nolgeo.dat so that I can (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Rendering Problem

(...) Something similar hapened to me when I first started playing with l3p and pov-ray. My problem was that I was missing two updates for the LGEO librairy. I only had the initial release. The original librairy and the updates can be found on this (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Rendering Problem

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I have a model that I'm trying to render in POV-Ray. I built it in MLCad and use L3PAO to convert it to a POV file, using LGEO parts whenever possible. Somewhere along the line, this part: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Acurate colours in MLCAD & Pov-Ray - my DAT

X-posting to the other groups I accidentaly cut. & here is a picture for comparison between the LDraw colours (left) & Suz's accurate colours (right) (URL) blue & the tan benefit the most from the new colours. Here is the DAT file that I created (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Acurate colours in MLCAD & Pov-Ray

Just recently I was trying to find an old colour for a model that I was building. During my searching I came across Suz's Color Reference: (URL) had all of the colours of current & past LEGO pieces :-) I also found a post by Steve Bliss: (URL) of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Spaceship animation re-done...!

(...) It does not work for me. I use WMP version 7.01 on W98se. The sound is correct but the picture is grayed and crypted. The previous version (without sound) was OK. You should note however that the official set does not have an M-Tron logo but a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: Spaceship animation re-done...!

(...) DivX isn't Microsoft. The DivX codec, which you can use with (at least) Windows Media Player and PowerDVD is available at (URL) you don't want to use WMP, you can download "The Playa", the DivX group's AVI player. (...) Definitely agree there! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Spaceship animation re-done...!

Hello Tim (...) work? I put up an MPEG version now too... I think you should be able to watch it without problems from other OS/patforms. At least that what I've been told ;) (the MPG is 4 MB... the compression isn't as compact). (...) scenes (...) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

"Carsten Schmitz" <casz@gmx.de> wrote in message news:Gnsr4J.8Cq@lugnet.com... (...) Premiere (...) I think I tried downloading this earlier, but it wouldn't play because I didn't have the DivX codec. I'm not prepared to download another piece of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Spaceship animation re-done...!

Hello! As I mentioned in an earlier post I wanted to re-render my spaceship animation in a higher resolution. (URL) while i was doing this i decided to add some sound to it too. It is around 1 mb. I rendered it with POVRay, added the sound with (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

Hello Imre, "Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GnEp5s.HFy@lugnet.com... (...) This looks very very nice. I finally found a way too to make the glassy parts really glow ;). So i will re-render my scene and maybe add some (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can LDAO do this? (was: anyone interested in rendering for me?)

Thanks for the reply. After some research and plowing thru the POV manual I experimented with adding simular lines to the main pov.ini file and got the results I was looking for. It would certainly be nice if Jeff Boen (of L3PAO fame) added the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Disable LGEO Parts

Is this you're problem: the hinge is rendered as closed when it should be open. If so, then open "LG_3149.INC" and either comment out or delete the following text: #declare lg_3149 = union { object { lg_3149a texture { lg_red } } object { lg_3149b } (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Disable LGEO Parts

Is there a way to disable the substitution of individual LGEO parts? I'm having a problem with the 2x5 hinge assembly and want to disable the LGEO version and just use the LDRAW part in POV-Ray. Thanks, Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POV Animation

Hello Eduardo, No. I used standard MLCad/L3p/POVRay combination, then set a clock to render the two scenes. I played a long time until i got the wanted result but it worked out in the end. Yet I didn't get the small red transparent cones to really (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact