 Publishing / 3042
Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:27:22 GMT

You need to create an image in POV-Ray that's at least 4800 x 4800 pixels.  You
can't/don't need to set the ppi in POV-ray.  Then make sure your image program
prints it at 600 dpi (do _not_ resample the image).

You're weren't asking how to create custom image sizes in POV-Ray, right?

- Gary

In lugnet.publish, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

I have a project created in Ldraw/POV-Ray of which I would like to create a
higher (PPI/DPI) resolution image of approximately 8" x 8".  I'd like to be
able to achieve something like 600-1200 ppi for the final image printed on
paper.

I have used Photoshop for mocking up my final designs and it has a tendency
to default to 72 ppi. It can be arbitrarily set to a higher resolution, but
if the original image's resolution isn't likewise higher you just end up
with a blurry, more ppi heavy image.  I hope I am making myself understood...(?)

I have the funny feeling that what I need to know is some arcane POV-Ray
thing that would up the ppi of the images outputted from POV-Ray. Anyway,
that would be one solution.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any help in creating images with higher ppi.

-- Hop-Frog