 Publishing / 3053
Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:44:35 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message
Tim Courtney writes:
POV doesn't have a 4800x4800 option in the Render>Edit
Settings/Render window, so here's how to get it listed there.

You may want to make it 6400x4800 or 4800x3600 so that the render isn't
distorted.  If you want a square picture, you will need to modify the
camera object so that it renders to a square aspect ratio.
Millions of pixels also take a while to render, so let it run for the
night.  Complexity of the scene also makes a big difference...
I had a 15000x5000 render that took 19 hours, and a different 1280x1024
render that took 15... (both on my 933 MHz 384 MB RAM computer).
--Bram

Good point.  Since I've never tried to render a square image, I've never run
across this.

I'm curious though, why do you need to do this?  I figured it would be like
looking through a window - it doesn't matter what shape the frame is, what
you see on the other side has the same proportions.  I guess to me at least
(relatively inexperienced with POV - all I do is modify camera positions and
the background color), it doesn't make much sense.

-Tim