 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1066
Re: Rendering Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 05:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Will Hess writes:
I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.  I have a model that I'm
trying to render in POV-Ray.  I built it in MLCad and use L3PAO to convert
it to a POV file, using LGEO parts whenever possible.  Somewhere along the
line, this part:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=30022

is being substituted for this part:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3149c01

If I view the DAT in MLCad or in LDAO the hinge renders correctly...it just
gets fouled up in the DAT to POV conversion.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Will

Something similar hapened to me when I first started playing with l3p and
pov-ray. My problem was that I was missing two updates for the LGEO
librairy. I only had the initial release. The original librairy and the
updates can be found on this page <http://www.el-lutzo.de/lego/lgeo.html>.
Take care, the background makes the link for the updates very hard to find
(with Internet Explorer anyway).

If you already have the updates or if the updates do not fix your problem,
you can generate your POV once without the -lgeo switch, copy the code for
the piece in problem and use it with your final POV rendering.

Hope this helps.
Éric